That's when I got to looking at the UV protective swimwear that is available for that extra peace of mind and preferably a range that looks good too. Both of those things are covered with the range from Platypus Australia, who offer just the thing for girls and boys ages 2 - 14yrs. I was kindly sent the Girls sunskirt all-in-one swimsuit along with the matching hat to try out on my girlie on a recent weekend break (with indoor pool close by) who is almost 3yrs and LOVES the water. And she was very comfy in her new swimming outfit that's for sure, the fabric is so soft and the detail of the little skirt on the back is so cute, she's a girlie girl so she loved that.
- 90% off all skin cancer can be attributed to the sun
- Less than one third of US children are adequately protected against the sun
- Most people receive 50-80% of their lifetime exposure by the age of 18.
- Most skin cancer appears in adulthood, yet most of the damage occurs in childhood.
- Just one bad blistering sunburn during childhood can double the risk of skin cancer later in life.
- UV rays bounces off sand, snow, concrete and water - and the reflecting rays can cause skin damage.
- A white cotton T-shirt blocks out only about 5% of the rays, and even less when wet.
You can buy the entire range online, take at look at http://uk.platypusaustralia.com