I have been asked to report back on my experience using a power brush and whether I notice the difference from my manual brush at the end of the trial (watch this space for my video post to tell all about the results in 30 days).
They say that power brushes are proven to remove twice as much plaque compared to a manual toothbrush and 9 out of 10 people who have tried a power toothbrush would not want to go back - so we'll see! I have certainly been meaning to change to a power brush for a while but never got round to it. Very excited to give this a go and hopefully change my teeth-brushing habits forever which I'm sure my teeth will be very thankful for.
I have some tips that Oral-B dental ambassador, Dr James Russell, has provided to help me along the way:
1. Floss: You must floss twice a day to achieve optimum oral health.
2. Brush: Twice a day for 2 minutes. (The brush I have has a handy timer on to keep me on track.)
3. Curb snacking: Try to keep your snacks to foods like cheese, raw vegetables, nuts and breadsticks which are all better for teeth.
4. Avoid: Fizzy drinks. Not only are these drinks often high in sugars but they are very acidic too. These acids can quickly erode tooth enamel.
5. Attend: Keep your regular dental and hygiene visits. Prevention is ALWAYS better than cure.
Hmmm...think I may have my work cut out sticking to these tips but hey, you know they all make sense, I shall do my best!
If you fancy giving the power brush a go then now is definitely the time to do it. Not only is it National Smile month coming up (15th May - 15th June) but the brush named above will be available at the special half price offer of £22.50 between March and May (exact dates and offer details dependent on retailer).
Off I go then, brush brush brush, actually, it's going to do all the hard work for me I hope...results to follow in 30 days.
For more information on Oral-B visit www.oralb.com/uk and follow Oral-B on Twitter
This is a sponsored post.